What is Mindfulness?
This audio will introduce you to what Mindfulness is; what to expect from Mindfulness exercises; how to get ready for your mindfulness practice; how mindfulness differs from relaxation; and how to practice mindfulness informally rather than with audios to guide you. It will take around 10 minutes.
Mindfulness to Breathing
This audio goes for around 12 minutes and will guide you in the practice of Mindfulness to the Breath. This exercise will help you to develop the following skills:
- To be able to choose what you focus your mind on and stay with that choice
- To notice when your mind has drifted off your choice of focus
- To bring your mind back to your choice of focus
By developing these simple skills, you are strengthening the "Observer" part of your mind. Take the time to practice Mindful Breathing and you will develop a powerful and compassionate resource that helps you to ground yourself in the present so you can:
- step out of spiralling negative thought cycles
- manage strong emotions and sensations more effectively
|To download this file click on 'Download File' below so that it opens in another window, then right click on the player and click the Save As (these words will vary from browser to browser) option to download the file to your device.|
|File Size:||11116 kb|